No one could deny that the creamy, salty kind of food is so freaking delicious, and Cheese is one of them. Cheese is so popular dairy product consumed all over the world.
But most of you must be wondering is Cheese good for you? Is it healthy? in the next few lines, we will tell you is cheese good for you or not.
What are the health benefits of Cheese?
it is time to answer the “is cheese good for you” question, let me tell you that Cheese is a source of riboflavin, protein, phosphorus, calcium, and saturated fat. Plus, it has high amounts of vitamin A, vitamin b12, zinc and.
The nutrition of Cheese depends on the milk; they are full of omega-three fatty acids, vitamin K-2, and many more nutrients.
Here are some benefits of Cheese:
- It Can Prevent osteoporosis
- It is good for the dental health
- It prevents common cancers
- It can improve brain functions
- It is good for pregnant women
- It can improve thyroid health
- Cheese is amazing for those with lactose intolerance.
- It is so good for bone health/contributes to the development of bones.
- It is good for the health of the heart
- It can strengthen muscles
- It boosts the immune system
- It reduces blood pressure
- It can lower stress
- It can help you to gain a healthy weight.
Now you know the answer to “is cheese good for you?” don’t you?
Which type of Cheese is the healthiest?
- Mozzarella cheese, in fact, mozzarella cheese is made from cow’s milk, and sometimes it is made from cow’s milk and goat’s milk together; it is a semi-soft cheese .one ounce of mozzarella cheese contains eighty-five calorie, six grams of protein, one gram of carbs, and one hundred and sixty-seven grams of sodium.
- Goat cheese, in fact, goat cheese is so nutritious, it is one of the healthiest cheese types. One ounce of it contains seventy-five calories, six grams of fat, no carbs, five grams of protein, and one hundred and thirty mg of sodium.
- Blue cheese, one ounce of blue Cheese, has a hundred calories, six grams of protein, eight grams of fat, a gram of carbs, and three hundred eighty mg of sodium.
- Feta cheese, feta cheese is considered soft Cheese. One ounce of feta cheese has eighty calorie, six grams of protein, five grams of dairy fat, and three hundred seventy mg of sodium.
- Cottage cheese contains one hundred twenty calories, twelve grams of protein, seven grams of fat, three grams of carbs, and five hundred mg of sodium.
- Ricotta cheese: it can be made from cow’s milk or water buffalo. A half-cup of ricotta cheese contains one hundred eighty calories, twelve grams of proteins, twelve grams of fats, eight grams of carbs, and three hundred mg of sodium.
- Parmesan cheese: one ounce of this natural Cheese contains: one hundred ten calories, ten grams of protein, seven grams of dairy fat, three grams of carbs, and three hundred and thirty mg of sodium.
- Camembert hard cheese and Neufchatel are also healthy cheeses.
- Swiss cheese: one of the healthiest cheese kinds of all time, it is a hard cheese. One ounce of Swiss cheese contains 111 calories, 8 grams of protein, 9 grams of dairy fat, less than one gram of carbs, and 53 mg of sodium.
- Cheddar cheese: it is a hard cheese. One ounce of cheddar cheese contains 115 calories, 7 grams of proteins, 9 grams of fat, 1 gram of carbs, and 180 mg of sodium.
Now it is time to answer such an important question every cheese lover asks, which is:
Is eating too much Cheese bad for you?
After getting the answer of is cheese good for you, there is something else we need to answer, which is “is eating too much cheese bad for you?”
Although Cheese is such a great source of protein and calcium, it is most of the time in saturated fat and salt, which means that consuming too much Cheese, even if it is vegan, can cause high blood pressure and high cholesterol.
And all of this (especially saturated fat) could increase the risk of CVD (cardiovascular disease)
Here are some detailed cheese classifications every healthy diet follower and cheese lover should know, even if he is lactose intolerance.
How much Cheese is a day healthy?
According to MyPlate guidelines, cheese consumption for adults should be about 2-3 cups of reduced fat Cheese (or any dairy food). Still, there is another rough guideline that says cheese consumption should be of about 1 ounce of full-fat Cheese daily.
In fact, the amount of Cheese you have and how much saturated fat it has mainly depends on the rest of your healthy diet or healthy eating.
1.41 ounces of daily cheese consumption can reduce heart diseases and stroke risks and provide your body with vitamin b12.
Can I eat Cheese while trying to lose weight?
If you are trying to lose weight, don’t even count the calories you get from Cheese. There is a study says that a dairy intake that includes calcium and reduced fat in your meals can help you lose weight and improve your bone health
Different types of Cheese
this dairy product contains from 6 to 10 grams of fat per an ounce
Low-fat or reduced-fat Cheese
Some people consider it the healthiest Cheese. It is a low-fat cheese. It is made with two percent milk, while non-fat is made with no milk or skim milk.
Such as ricotta cheese, cream cheese, mascarpone, cottage cheese
Fresh Cheese is the kind that hasn’t been matured or aged Cheese yet. It has higher moisture, a softer texture, and a milder taste.
Aged Cheese or mature cheeses
Such as Swiss cheese, Parmesan cheese (hard Cheese), Cheddar cheese (vegan Cheese of it), and Gruyère
They are firmer in texture and aged for six months or longer.
This dairy product gets more concentrated and sharper in flavor when the aging process gets longer
Cheese spread, cream cheese, and American Cheese are the most famous types of processed Cheese
We can’t categorize processed Cheese as Cheese or vegan cheese exactly, and it is a shelf-stable product that contains added ingredients like flavor enhancers
Such as Daiya and soy cheese.
That type of Cheese is good for those who don’t consume dairy products.
Here is one more question regarding eating Cheese. Almost every cheese lover ask to make sure they maintain their healthy diet or healthy eating.
How can we eat Cheese?
After knowing why is cheese good for you, you will need to know some yummy cheese recipes, to benefits from the amazing cheese benefits.
20 brilliant ways for eating Cheese
- Reduced-fat cheese with bread: easy peasy, ha?
- Stuffed into pepper: cottage cheese or softer cheeses will be perfect
- Fresh Cheese with honey: you can put some honey over a wedge of cheese, or simply serve the honey jar along with the cheese plate.
- With apples and oats: mildly sweet apple will taste PERFECT
- Reduced-fat cheese with veggie salad
- Wrap cheddar cheese in bacon: you can also try American Cheese with bacon.
- Dairy cheese with nuts
- Dairy cheese with pear
- Mozzarella and Parmesan cheese with tomatoes: wanna feel like eating in a fancy Italian restaurant? Add olive oil to the mix.
- Softer cheeses or Cheese spread with Caramel: you will fall in love with the yummy taste.
- With eggs: blue Cheese, feta cheese, goat cheese, or American Cheese will be awesome, always remember that cheese can only make omelets, and eggs taste much better.
- Natural Cheese along with chili: if you still didn’t try chili cheese sauce, what are you waiting for?
- Cream cheese or Cheese spread with bagels: that is the most popular bagel topping and it is super yummy.
- Natural Cheese or harder Cheese with potatoes: there are millions of cheese with potatoes recipes, start to give a try for your next breakfast.
- mild cheese (like brie or camembert) with olives
- Ricotta cheese with dates
- Blue cheese with peaches: cut peaches and add your dairy product, and Bon appetite!
- Feta or any soft cheese with watermelons (internal link)
- Brie or Cream Cheese with sweet jams: try it with your favorite kind of bread, and thank me later.
- Baked Macaroni with American Cheese: all you need is an egg, a package of macaroni, two cups of milk, two tablespoons of melted butter, your yummy dairy product, salt, and pepper.
Happy, healthy eating!
More cheesy tips and tricks
- To maintain and store cheese, you have to pay attention to the light and Oxygen that the cheese is exposed to, as when the fat molecules and beta-carotene (a compound found in cheese) are exposed to Oxygen that is catalyzed by light, the cheese starts to discolor, and changes taste.
- Once your piece of cheese is cut, its longevity starts to reduce, and it starts to lose its quality.
- Why is cheese good for you is not the only thing you need to know, you also need to know that the longevity of the cheese and its taste after cutting depends on its type. Soft cheeses such as brie might last for only a day or a couple of days.
- Firm cheeses like cheddar will stay for more than a week if kept in the fridge.
- Aged Cheeses stay for 3 to 6 weeks, and Fresh Cheeses stay for a couple of days.
- Never store your sliced cheese or cheese blocks by wrapping them in plastic wraps, as it lets in light, which in turn oxidizes the cheese.
- And if you bought it wrapped, take off that plastic cover when you first get home to protect your yummy cheese from suffocating.
- Preserve sliced cheese or cheese blocks by wrapping them with wax paper, and Store them in the fridge drawer. Don’t store it in the door where the temperature isn’t stable
Dairy cheese has been made by various cultures and nations for over eight thousand years now. And I guess now you know the reason behind that and know why is cheese good for you
Make sure your healthy diet contains reasonable amounts of this nutritious dairy food to make the most of this great source of valuable nutrients.
Don’t forget that the amazing fact about Cheese, which is it is suitable for lactose-intolerant people. Now you know why is cheese good for you, you can ask whatever you want in the comments box below and we will answer you.