Eggo Waffles have been a popular breakfast in the United States for decades. You may be used to preparing them in a toaster oven, but did you know that you can also make them in the microwave?
It’s true! There are several ways to prepare Eggo Waffles, and microwaving them is a quick and easy option. However, keep in mind that microwaving may not give you the same crunchy texture as a toaster oven.
Can You Microwave Eggos?
You can definitely microwave Eggos! However, the cooking method plays a significant role in determining how crispy the waffles will be. Microwaving Eggo waffles won’t give you the crispy edges that you might be looking for. But don’t worry, your favorite toppings like fresh strawberries and powdered sugar will still make the waffles taste delicious.
If you prefer extremely crunchy weeknight desserts, this cooking method may not be the best choice for you.
How to Cook Original Eggos in the Microwave?
- A couple of paper towels
- Microwave-safe plate
- Your favorite healthy toppings
To microwave Eggo waffles, follow these steps:
- Line a microwave-safe plate with paper towels and place the frozen waffles on it.
- Cook the waffles in the microwave for 30 seconds, then carefully turn them over. They should not be too hot to handle.
- Return the plate to the microwave and cook for an additional 30 seconds, keeping a close eye on the waffles. If they start to pop or sizzle excessively, remove them from the microwave immediately.
- Once the waffles are golden brown, remove them from the microwave and discard the paper towels.
- Add your favorite toppings, such as peanut butter, cream cheese mixture, caramel syrup, berry syrup, or maple syrup. Serve as a hearty breakfast. Enjoy!
Other Ways to Cook Eggos
The toaster oven is the best way to prepare Eggo waffles. This method works for both thawed and frozen waffles.
Simply place the waffles in the toaster oven and let them heat for 1-2 minutes. If they have not reached a desirable golden brown color when they pop up, continue toasting for an additional 20-50 seconds. Another option is to cook the waffles in a conventional oven.
This method allows you to prepare a large batch at once by lining a baking sheet with foil or parchment paper and baking the waffles for 5-8 minutes at 400 degrees Fahrenheit. Either way, you’ll have perfectly cooked Eggo waffles in no time!
How Long Should You Keep Eggo Waffles in The Microwave?
To microwave frozen Eggo waffles, follow these steps:
if you are cooking stuffed bites in the microwave, be cautious as some fillings like strawberries and chocolate may burst when they get extremely hot. To avoid this, make a small hole in the waffle to allow any steam to escape.
Can You Cook Eggos in the Air Fryer?
Yes, you can cook Eggo waffles in an air fryer. This method is a great option for busy mornings and allows you to prepare a quick and easy breakfast for the whole family. The air fryer is also a healthy choice for weight maintenance and weight loss, as you can cook the waffles at 360°F (180°C) without the need for any oil. To cook Eggo waffles in an air fryer, follow these steps:
- Place the cold waffles in a single layer in the air fryer basket.
- Cook the waffles for 4-5 minutes, then flip them over and cook for a few more minutes.
- When the waffles are cooked to your desired level of doneness, remove them from the air fryer and serve with your favorite toppings. Enjoy!
Advantages of Consuming Eggo Waffles
Eggo waffles have several advantages as a breakfast option. They are made with a variety of flours that contain nutrients such as calcium, vitamin D, iron, and protein, making them a good choice for growing children and adults who may need a little extra dietary support.
In addition, Eggo waffles are a good source of zinc, which plays a role in the recovery process and is important for various biological functions. They are also a good source of fiber, which can help slow down the metabolic rate and keep you feeling full and satisfied after eating, which is important for maintaining a healthy weight.
Eggo waffles are also high in protein, which is necessary for proper cell function and muscle development. Overall, Eggo waffles provide a nutritious and convenient breakfast choice for people of all ages.
Instructions for Baking Eggos Homestyle Waffles in Your Microwave
- In a small mixing bowl, combine cottage cheese, cream cheese, and powdered sugar. Fresh strawberries should be mixed in last.
- In a separate small bowl, mix together some water or egg white and set it aside.
- Place two cold Eggo waffles on a microwave-safe plate and microwave them uncovered on high heat for 30-40 seconds, or until they are hot and pliable. Repeat with any remaining waffles.
- Spread about a quarter of the cream cheese mixture across the center of each waffle.
- Brush the edges of the waffles with the egg white mixture, then fold the waffles in half to enclose the filling. Pinch the edges together with a fork.
- Spray a baking sheet with non-stick cooking spray and place the waffles on it.
- Microwave the waffles uncovered for 10-15 minutes at 425°F, or until they start to turn golden brown.
- Remove the waffles from the microwave and let them cool for 5 minutes. Add your favorite healthy toppings and syrups, such as apple slices, banana slices, almond butter, chunky peanut butter, chocolate syrup, or a drizzle of maple syrup. Your delicious waffles are now ready to serve!
FAQ About “Can You Microwave Eggo Waffles?”
How To Reheat Waffles?
If you left your handmade breakfast on the table, don’t worry, a 15 seconds heating time in the microwave should be enough to bring it back to life.
Just place the waffles on a microwave safe plate, then let them reheat for 15 seconds. if required, repeat warming on medium heat for an extra time of 15 seconds.
Can You Cook Eggo Waffles on The Stove?
It is not recommended to cook Eggo waffles on the stove. Eggo waffles are designed to be cooked in a toaster, toaster oven, microwave, or conventional oven. Cooking waffles on the stove may result in uneven cooking and may not produce the desired texture.
If you still want to try cooking Eggo waffles on the stove, you can use a skillet or pan. To do this, you will need to completely coat both sides of the waffle in butter to achieve crunchy edges. Then, fry the waffles on medium-high heat, flipping them frequently with a fish slice or spatula, until both sides are golden brown. Keep in mind that cooking waffles on the stove is not the recommended method, and you may not achieve the desired texture or level of doneness. It is best to follow the instructions on the package of the waffles or the manufacturer’s recommendations for the best results.
How Do You Prepare Eggo Waffles that Are Not Moist?
For this, you need to add some cornstarch. The addition of cornstarch protects the Eggo waffle from becoming soggy after microwave cooking and keeps its desirable crunchy edges.
People in the United States have been eating Eggo waffles for many years. Both adults and children enjoy this popular breakfast food, no matter how it is prepared. If you don’t have a toaster oven, don’t worry. You can microwave them, use an air fryer, or even cook them in a frying pan if that is all you have available.
However, it is worth noting that waffles prepared in a toaster oven tend to have the best crispness. Other quick cooking methods may not produce the same crispy exterior. Finally, be cautious during preparation, especially when making stuffed waffles, as the fillings will be very hot and could cause burns