There is nothing as joyful as eating fried chicken, isn’t it? it gives us all the tender, juicy, meat underneath a super yummy crunchy breading.
As much as we love to try and devour a whole KFC bucket in one sitting, some of us sometimes might find ourselves with leftovers, and here comes the question what do with these leftovers?
That’s why in the next few lines, I will tell you How to Microwave Kfc Chicken rather than throw it away. Believe it or not! You can still enjoy your KFC leftovers without sacrificing the crispiness and flavor!
How to Reheat Fried Chicken in the Microwave?
Before diving into the reheating steps, you first need to make sure you take your favorite chicken out of the fridge and let it sit out for something around 10 mins, in order for the chicken pieces to approach room temperature.
You can also use this as a ground rule to follow, whenever you are reheating chicken because this step prevents the tender meat from losing moisture during the heating process.
- Baking tray / baking rack
- Tissue papers
- Cover a baking tray or baking dish in tissue paper, then put the pieces of chicken on it.
- Cover the chicken pieces with paper tissues. The point of this step is to absorb most of the moisture coming out of the chicken pieces, which makes the food less soggy skin and protects the crispy texture.
- Place the KFC chicken inside the microwave and leave them for 30 seconds. But keep in mind that thicker pieces require additional minutes, maybe 2 more minutes.
How to Microwave Frozen Fried Chicken?
- Non-stick cooking spray
- Oven-safe baking sheet
- Aluminum foil
- Thaw the frozen fried pieces of chicken in the microwave till it becomes 165 deg Fahrenheit on a food thermometer.
- Spray the chicken with non-stick cooking spray, or if you don’t have it, low-fat cooking oil will get the job done.
- Cover an oven-safe baking sheet or a microwave-safe plate with aluminum foil, then add the pieces to it.
- Let the chicken pieces cook for 10-15 minutes depending on how thick the pieces are., just make sure you check on the food frequently to make sure it doesn’t over-microwave or dry out.
How to Reheat Fried Chicken in the Oven?
Make sure the pieces of chicken temperature is the same as the room temperature, for this you need to take out the food 30 mins prior to the reheating time. This is an essential step in making the pieces cook quicker and more evenly.
- Sheet pan or microwave-safe plate
- Start by preheating your oven to 350 deg Fahrenheit.
- Use a wire rack above a sheet pan to lift the chicken and keep it from getting the unwanted soggy texture on the bottom.
- Let the meal cook for around 15 mins, or till the oven’s internal temperature becomes about 150 degrees Fahrenheit.
- Now, raise the oven’s temperature to 400 degrees and let the chicken cook for 5 more minutes, till the food’s temperature becomes 165 degrees Fahrenheit.
- Now, your yummy pieces are ready to be served with your favorite sauce!
How to Reheat KFC in the Air Fryer?
Who said you can only reheat KFC chicken in a microwave or oven? You can reheat it in the air fryer too.
- low-fat cooking oil
- Put the KFC chicken pieces in the air fryer basket.
- Set the air fryer’s temperature to 160C or 320F.
- Spray each piece of chicken with low-fat cooking oil prior to closing the air fryer to ensure that it has the crispy crunch you desire.
- Close the air fryer and reheat the food for 15 minutes.
- When you are reheating the food, you need to make sure that the pieces are 75C or 165F before eating them.
- When the fried pieces are up to temperature, all that is left for you to enjoy your yummy crunchy pieces.
How to Reheat KFC Chicken on a Grill?
Reheating fried chicken on the grill is a hassle-free task. It just requires a few minutes and your leftover chicken will be ready to be served one more time!
- Aluminum foil
- Non-stick cooking spray
- Preheat your grill to a medium-high heat
- Cover the grill with aluminum foil
- With non-stick cooking oil, spray the aluminum foil, which will prevent the chicken from sticking to it.
- Put the pieces and cover them with another layer of foil
- Let the yummy chicken recipes cook for 20-30 minutes, till the internal temperature becomes 165 deg F.
- Finally, take out the pieces from the grill and let them cool down for around 10 minutes.
How to Reheat KFC Chicken in a Toaster Oven?
Toaster ovens are so handy in crisping up crisp skin the same way it was when you first bought them.
- Aluminum foil
- Cookie sheet
- First, preheat the toaster oven to 350 degrees Fahrenheit.
- Cover the cookie sheet with aluminum foil.
- Put the chicken pieces on the sheet and let the magic happen for 14 minutes.
- Take them out and enjoy!
It is important to know that the cooking time will vary according to the size of the pieces.
How to Reheat KFC Successfully?
If you want to be completely successful with reheating KFC chicken every time, make sure you don’t miss out on any of these tips.
Freeze the Chicken
Did you know that you can freeze KFC leftover chicken fries with absolute ease? many of us have over-ordered takeout and ended up with far more than we could reasonably consume at one time!
You can simply wrap the frozen leftover in plastic wrap and store them in the freezer. It will be safe for more than you expect!
Don’t Leave the KFC Chicken Sitting Out
You need to keep in mind that KFC cannot be refrigerated (or frozen) until it has cooled. But that doesn’t mean that it should be left out at room temperature for long periods of time.
Keep an eye on the pieces, once they cooled down, put them in the fridge immediately.
You can Reheat Sides Too
Chicken is not the only thing you can reheat from the meal you ordered from KFC! You are also able to reheat any side dish that came with your meal. Including, fries, beans, and even corn.
It is recommended to use the air fryer for reheating fries and corn, while for beans it is better to use the microwave.
Always Check the Internal Temperature
Consuming undercooked, reheated chicken is super risky and has a high chance of resulting in salmonella.
To be safe, purchase a meat thermometer and ensure that the temperature of your meat is 75°C or 165°F before serving. The few bucks you spend on this meat thermometer can keep you from having a very upset stomach!
How to Reheat KFC Chicken Without Overcooking?
When you are microwaving KFC chicken, you need to keep in your mind the basic rules of baking in the oven., which means that you need to first preheat the oven.
The oven preheating step is essential for helping any type of meat to absorb the flavor of herbs and spices, making the food more delicious when served hot.
So, to reheat the chicken fried without overcooking, after preheating the oven, you need to grease the chicken or grease the microwave-safe dish itself before placing it into the hot oven.
This step is essential in preventing the chicken from sticking and drying out.
What Temperature is Needed to Reheat KFC Chicken?
The USDA (United States Department of Agriculture) recommends reheating food at a temperature of 165 degrees Fahrenheit.
So, it is also recommended to invest in a meat thermometer. The few bucks you spend on this meat thermometer can keep you from having a very upset stomach!
Is It Safe to Reheat KFC?
Yes, it is safe.
In fact, the most serious threat to your health and hygiene comes from how you store your KFC.
When you concluded that your KFC bucket contains far too much chicken to devour in one sitting, you need to immediately wrap it up keep it in an air-tight container, and store it in the refrigerator.
FAQ about “How to Microwave KFC Chicken?”
Can You Microwave A KFC Burger?
Yes, you can microwave your KFC burger, but this is not really recommended, the reason is that the taste won’t be nice, due to the bread and other components will become soggy.
Can You Reheat KFC Chicken on the Stove?
Yes, you can.
Simply, heat a pan over medium heat, then add around 1/4 cup of olive oil or vegetable oil to the heated pan.
Finally, put the chicken in the oil for 5 minutes and stir it from time to time.
Can You Reheat KFC Hot Wings?
Yes, you can.
Hot KFC wings can be reheated. Simply, place them in a roasting pan and bake for about 20 minutes in a hot oven.
Check the interior temperature to verify it is over 75 degrees Celsius, and if you feel that they are about to be burnt cover the tray with foil.
Can You Eat KFC the Next Day?
It depends on how you store it. If you stored it in a plastic container and kept it in the fridge, then it is safe for you to eat, even after 2 to 3 days. However, if you kept it a room temperature, it won’t be safe for you to consume it as there are food poisoning risks.
Can You Microwave KFC Containers?
KFC announced in 2010 that they would be using microwave-safe reusable packaging, but you still need to confirm this with your local KFC location.
The reason is KFC is a global brand, and there must be differences in the packaging utilized in each place. So, to be on the safe side, we recommend against microwaving the container if you are unsure or have no method of confirming.