Whether you are a pro chef or a beginner cook, you can’t deny that your chef’s knife and cutting board are your best friends. But do you really know how to maintain and take care of them properly?
In this review we enlisted the best oil for cutting boards on the market right now, to help you pick up the product that’s gonna meet your needs from the comfort of your home!
List of the best oil for cutting boards 2024
- John Boos Block MYSCRM Mystery Oil for Cutting Boards-Best Overall
- Howard Products BBB012 Cutting Board Oil,12 oz-Great Value
- CLARK’S Food Grade Mineral Cutting Board Oil-Premium Choice
- WALRUS OIL – Cutting Board Oil and Wood Butcher Block Oil-Food Safe
- Furniture Clinic Mineral Oil for Cutting Boards-Food Safe Mineral Oil
- Proteak Teakhaus Natural Cutting Boards oil-Anti Stain
- Bartow and Sons Vegan Cutting Board Oil Natural Edible Food Safe Tonic-Multi Purpose
- Greener Chef Small Bamboo Food Grade Cutting Boards Oil-Natural
- Thirteen chefs Food Grade Mineral Oil for Cutting Boards
- WoodWorx Butcher Block and Cutting Board Oil-Oil Conditioner
The Best Oil for Cutting Boards
- Fully replenish, restore, and protect your wood surfaces
- Ideal for all unsealed cutting boards, butcher blocks, wooden utensils, bowls, and more
- Penetrates deep into the grain of the wood surface to protect and revitalize the wood fibers
- Provides a long lasting moisture barrier that seals the top of the wood surface.
- All-natural ingredients and are NSF certified
If you are looking for a complete set for your boards, not just a bottle that will finish sooner or later, John Boos is an ideal choice to make.
Not only the set offers you a 16-ounce bottle of John Boos Mystery Oil, but also it comes with a 5-ounce tube of Board Cream.
This set will give you the chance to oil your tools first and then cream them so you get full protection over your tools.
You will love to know that this set is applicable to all wooden utensils. You can apply it over your cutting boards and butcher blocks.
All you need to do is to apply a few drops of Boos Block Mystery Oil to penetrate the grain of the wood. Then, put some of the board cream to offer a moisture layer over your tools.
It is always preferable to follow the simple step-by-step instructions that come with the oil.
The components of the mystery cutting board cream are produced from a mixture of unbleached beeswax and food-safe mineral oil. so you can safely chop raw meat and poultry after oiling and wiping with a soft cloth or paper towel.
For the best results, apply this set at least once a month. experts recommend leaving the cream over your tools overnight.
What I really like about this cream is that it moistens the wood and makes it deeper and richer in color.
Pros And Cons
- Food-grade mineral oil
- Easy to use
- Beeswax mineral oil
- Great price
- Not for those who are allergic to beeswax
Do we recommend John Boos set?
Yes, we definitely do! it offers you a set of remarkable features that will result in a remarkable experience. Nevertheless, it is not advisable if you have allergic to beeswax.
Read more, Best Knives’ Oil and Lubricant Review
- Deep penetrating 100% Pure USP Food Grade Mineral Oil
- Rejuvenates dry wood, including cutting boards, butcher blocks, countertops, wooden bowls and utensils
- Deeply penetrates into wood pores
- Brings out the rich natural wood color and helps prevent drying and cracking
- Made in the USA with strict quality controls
- Perfect for the initial “oiling” or “seasoning” of cutting boards and butcher blocks
If you have no experience in oiling cutting boards or haven’t used any of them before on your tool, consider Howard Products oil. It will get your cutting board back just as it was.
As for the materials, you will be pleased to know that this type of oil is from 100% mineral oil without any mixture of nut oil. There is no presence of any gluten material, whether in production or storage.
If you are afraid of slicing your food after applying this oil over your cutting board, do not worry, as this oil is a complete food-grade one. This cutting board is also stabilized with Vitamin E for extra maintenance.
You will be glad to hear that Howard Products Oil serves all FDA requirements concerning food contact surfaces. it is tasteless, and won’t have any flavor over your food.
Unlike John Boos oil that isn’t suitable for those with beeswax allergies, this oil is suitable for everyone. and will never get rancid.
This multi-purpose oil can be applied to a variety of wooden tools from butcher blocks, wooden utensils, and others.
Pros And Cons
- No nuts or gluten materials are used
- Easy to apply
- Food grade oil
- Not a very good packing
Shall you consider buying Howard Products Oil?
Howard Products Oil is made and produced from a clear and pure USP food-grade mineral oil. making a totally safe option for your wooden boards
- Oil works its way deep into the grain of Butcher Blocks, Cutting Boards, Bamboo Cutting Boards, Salad Bowls, Wood Utensils, and Wood Countertops.
- Prevent wood from drying, splitting, or cracking.
- Perfectly blended with natural lemon and orange oils.
- Penetrate deep into the wood to block liquids from entering the wood fibers
If you’re looking for the right maintenance of your different tools, take CLARK’S oil into consideration .as this beautiful oil digs into the grain of multiple tools from Butcher Blocks, Cutting Boards to Bamboo Cutting Boards. ( You may also like Best Material For a Cutting Board )
It’s worth noting that you can apply this multi-purpose oil to your Wooden Utensils and Wood Countertops. and applying it on a regular basis helps you protect your wooden tools from drying or cracking.
If you are one of those who love those citrus fragrances, this oil is blended with a mixture of natural lemon and orange oils.
You will be delighted to know that this cutting board oil is FDA-approved. it is completely food-safe and has no additives. However, it does not have an organic certificate.
Apply this oil when you feel that your cutting board is drying out. As for the amount needed, it depends on the size of your cutting board. Just make sure to cover it all with a sufficient amount of oil with no excess oil.
Unlike Howard Products oil that comes at an affordable price, this oil is pricey.
Pros And Cons
- No smell at all when dried
- Easy application
- Quite expensive Thin and watery
Shall you give CLARK’S oil a try?
CLARK’S Food safe Mineral Cutting Board Oil offers you an easy application over your wooden tools. It comes with this beautiful scent. but it is a little bit pricey, so if you are down with this, then yea, you should give it a try
- FDA compliant for food contact surfaces such as cutting boards and butcher blocks
- Does not solidify under normal conditions
- Shelf-stable and has virtually no scent
- Adds a silky smooth finish, rich color, and a little shine
Specialty is what defines Walrus Oil than other competitors. it has special ingredients with special amounts from a range of different materials to give you the best experience.
The oil is a mixture of fractionated coconut oil, Pure Mineral Oil, Vitamin E, and Beeswax. which gives it durability and stability.
We appreciate that this oil is FDA-approved for food contact surfaces of many tools. You can use it safely over cutting boards and butcher blocks.
One more notable feature is that it comes in a liquid state and does not strengthen in a normal environment. You can also store it anywhere as it is storage-stable and odorless.
You will find that this oil goes smoothly over your cutting board with the perfect thickness
To make the most of this product, Simply start by handwashing your cutting board then apply the oil. and leave for 24 hrs It will leave your board with a silky-smooth finish, rich color, and a little shine. Use two coats for more depth and color.
Pros And Cons
- Easy to use
- So quick to apply
- Amazingly clean finish
- Bottle-cap needs some tweaks
- The handle is so small
Is Walrus Oil worth buying?
Of course, it is! it is easy to apply and will give you an amazingly clean finish, and crystal-clear cutting board.
Check also, Best Electric Bread Slicer | Buyer’s Guide
- Made from a time-proven formula of mineral oils and waxes
- Ideal solution for restoring and maintaining your chopping boards, butcher blocks, and wooden countertops after cleaning
- Works to seal in the oil, preventing drying and cracking
- The waxes fill and cut marks to restore and create an even surface
- Preserves the natural beauty of the wood while also extending its functional life compared to untreated boards and blocks
- Fully FDA compliant , odourless, colourless and tasteless
Furniture Clinic Oil has been carefully examined and assessed by the Good Housekeeping institute before granting it the prestigious Good Housekeeping seal. The institute evaluates this oil according to its effectiveness, packaging, and marketing claims.
When it comes to the components, this cutting board oil is manufactured from pure USP food-grade mineral oil that you can safely apply over your tools.
I really like this product because it specializes in giving great seasoning while still being easy- to apply over your kitchen tools.
Multi-tasking is what really defines this product, as you can apply this Furniture oil over a bunch of materials from leather, fabric to wood.
For better usage, always make sure that the surface of your chopping board is clean and dry before applying the oil. Apply a sufficient amount of oil to cover the whole board. Leave the oil to penetrate for a minimum of 4 hours.
You will love that this product offers you different sizes at different prices. So, you can choose the best size for your current need.
Pros And Cons
- Avoid cracking and damage
- Packaged in a secure
- Tight bag
- It didn’t really absorb into the cutting board
- Doesn’t give a big difference
Furniture Clinic Oil will reduce the possibility of any damage or crack of your tools. but it doesn’t provide them with a clean finish as Walrus Oil does.
- Maintains the beauty of the wood and preserves it from any damage
- Protects the wood from evaporating moisture. and act as a protector against the growth of germs and mold growth
- A food-Safe one that can be applied safely over your cutting boards or wooden spoons
- Creates a layer of protection between the food and cutting surface
Applying Proteak Teakhaus over your cutting board will maintain its beauty and preserve it from any damage. it will protect the wood from evaporating moisture. and act as a protector against the growth of germs and mold growth.
Straightforward to the components, the oil is a mixture of organic coconut oil, pure beeswax, and organic orange essential oil. and bottled with a mixture of mineral oil and Vitamin E to dig in a deep way into the wood fibers to protect it.
You can easily apply this oil. Just start to rub the wax onto your wood cooking bowls, wood butcher block, and Kitchen Utensils.
This seasoning block oil is a food-Safe one that can be applied safely over your cutting boards or wooden spoons.
One notable feature about this alternative seasoning is that it creates a layer of protection between the food and cutting surface. This created layer eventually leaves your wooden bowls with deep protection.
Finally, this FDA-approved ingredient product comes in a 12-ounces bottle
Pros And Cons
- Easy to spread
- Visible difference to the board
- The container may come messy
Proteak Teakhaus block oil is easy to spread over your wood surface. It will preserve your tools from cracking and will increase their hygiene, durability, and lifespan.
- Made from Plant-based oils – pure, all-natural and vegan plant-based oil formula
- Easily penetrate bamboo and hardwoods such as maple, cherry, and walnut to seal
- All-purpose oil to use on salad bowls, wooden serving bowls, kitchen utensils, chopsticks, and even picture frames
- Absolutely 100% no petroleum byproducts or harmful carcinogenic ingredients
Bartow and Sons oil is a plant-based oil that is 100% pure, without any chemical additives. it can restore your bamboo cooking board as it was when you first purchased it.
Not only does this oil protect the bamboo woods, but also it protects other hardwood from maple wood to wooden walnut tools.
You can apply this oil easily to your different kitchen tools to preserve them from any possible damages or cracking.
If you have a wooden picture frame of your family and you want to return it as shiny as before, apply a few drops of this oil and let do the rest.
One notable feature of this product is that there is no presence of any petroleum derivatives or even mineral oil.
Bartow board tonic is safe to use, edible, and has no smell or taste too.
Pros And Cons
- No smell at all when it dries
- Lasts well
- The pour spout needs to be changed
- It needs to have a plastic insert
Bartow and Sons Oil will restore the glory of your kitchen tools in record time!
- Made from 100% pure walnut oil that is food-based, food-grade, food-safe, edible, and contains no mineral oil
- Works bests on all wooden and bamboo kitchenware items
- Oil spray comes with a 3-mode dispenser
- Digs deeper into the wood to prevent any water from creating any damage to the wood surface
If you are one of those who love natural products, consider Greener Chef oil sprayer.
As for the components, the oil spray comes with 100% pure walnut oil. it is food-safe oil that works the best on wooden kitchen tools with different wooden materials.
Do not be afraid to use your wooden spoon after applying this oil sprayer as it is a food-grade one. You can use it as a furniture polisher too.
This chopping board spray offers you the easiest way to maintain your cutting board. It is worth noting that the oil spray comes with a 3-mode dispenser.
These three modes give you the chance to not only drip your tools but also help you stream or mist them according to your desire.
This cutting board oil spray will not only maintain your tools but also it will restore their glory. as it will dig deeper into the wood to prevent any water from creating any damage to the wood surface.
In fact, this oil spray is not advisable for any who is allergic to nuts.
Pros And Cons
- Rejuvenates cutting boards
- Easy to spray
- Great service
- A little bit pricey
Greener Chef Oil Spray is easy to spray over your wooden tools. So If you want to invest your money in something that will make your cutting board last longer, consider this oil spray.
It comes with a remarkable feature. Nevertheless, you will pay extra money for these properties.
- Made from Pure USP-grade cutting board oil
- Lab-tested to ensure that it meets food safety standards
- Helps maintain the integrity of the wood on countertops and butcher blocks
- The food-grade mineral oil hydrates, seals and penetrates deeply to protect from the effects of water
- Protects marble, bamboo, and soapstone.
- Prevents rust on stainless steel and metal knives.
- Lubricates meat grinders
If you seek an oil that has character and history written all over it, you may consider Thirteen chefs cutting board oil. and If you own an expensive wooden salad bowl that gets old, you can apply just a few drops of this oil, and it will return as it was.
The oil offers you a safe material to apply over your wooden tools as it is a food-grade one. it is 100% pure USP mineral oil, made and produced with top-quality white mineral oil.
The main purpose of this oil is to restore the initial. This cutting board oil penetrates deeply into your wood to prevent any possible cracking.
One notable feature about this USA-made cutting board oil is that it comes with a push applicator cap. So you can squeeze the bottle easily without any pressure.
Finally, this oil comes in different sizes, so you can pick the one that meets your needs.
Pros And Cons
- Offers multiple sizes
- Prevents wood from warping
- Works on ALL types of wood
- The bottle’s plastic cap needs improvement
Thirteen chefs’ oil will give you the chance to restore the shape of your wooden tools and still maintain them for the future.
- Penetrates deep into the wood to prevent the wood from drying out and cracking
- Preserves wood surfaces is to keep water and liquids out
- Oil will keep your wooden utensils by sealing out moisture and odors
- NSF Safe
WoodWorx oil penetrates the grain of the oil perfectly to prolong the life of your tools and restore their glory. it also seals out any moisture or odors of your kitchen tools.
Not only this! but it is alsomade and produced to preserve your wood from any possible damage or crack.
Besides, this NSF-safe oiled magic will protect your tools from getting rancid. It is advisable to oil your cutting board every 3 to 4 weeks.
Don’t soak your cutting board for a long time in the water for better performance.
Pros And Cons
- NSF safe
- High-quality product
- Well protected from leaking
- Many steps before application of the oil, Pricey
WoodWorx Oil offers you great protection for your chopping board and precious butcher block.
|Howard Products BBB012 Cutting Boards Oil
|1.85 x 3 x 7.88 inches
|Walrus Oil Wood Butcher Cutting Boards Oil
|2x 6 x 8 inches
|CLARK’S Food Grade Mineral Cutting Boards Oil
|2.5 x 2.5 x 6.5 inches
|Furniture Clinic Mineral Oil for Cutting Boards
|8.1 x 4 x 2.6 inches
|Proteak Teakhaus Natural Cutting Boards oil
|4.5 x 2.25 x 1 inches
|Bartow and Sons Vegan Cutting Boards Oil
|Bartow and Sons
|2.67 x 2.67 x 5.46 inches
|Greener Chef Small Bamboo Food Grade Cutting Boards Oil
|Thirteen chefs Food Grade Mineral Oil for Cutting Boards
|3.5 x 2 x 8 inches
|John Boos Block MYSCRM Mystery Oil for Cutting Boards
|5 x 3 x 9 inches
|WoodWorx Butcher Block and Cutting Board Oil
|2.5 x 2.5 x 7.8 inches
FAQs about the Best Oil for Cutting Boards
How long do you have to leave the board after you oil it?
Every wood species is different and will absorb the oil at a different time. So, you need to apply your oil and wait until it has been absorbed totally. You may leave it for a minimum of 4 hours.
Will the oil change the taste of the food?
Most of the oils of cutting boards are tasteless and odorless. That is why they will not transfer any taste or flavor to your food. However, you may leave the board until it penetrates completely. ( Yo may also like What Is The Best Natural Oil For Wood Cutting Boards? )
Why is it essential to apply oil over a wooden cutting board?
If you left your cutting board without oiling, it would get dry due to the exposure to food.
It is also worth noting that regular soaping of your tools will cause damage to them. When you soak your board in water for a long time, it loses many properties.
That is why you need to apply oil over your cutting board so it will not absorb water and get damaged.
How to oil your cutting board?
Every oil brand will give certain simple instructions before applying and after putting it. however, it also depends on the nature of your cutting board, whether plastic or wooden one. ( You may also like Oiling Wooden Cutting Boards Why, How, and When? )
If you need the best of the best that comes with a complete set of protection, then do not hesitate and get yourself John Boos Block MYSCRM Mystery Oil for Cutting Boards set as soon as possible.
If you have an allergy to nuts and you still need to care about your cutting board. Then, you need to consider Howard Products BBB012 Cutting Board Oil.
Are you a fan of that citrus fragrances? If your answer is yes, CLARK’S Food Grade Mineral Cutting Board Oil combines you with the best mixture of healthy orange and lemon smells.
You may also like:
- Best Over the Sink Cutting Board Review 2024
- Best Glass Cutting Board in 2024 Review
- Best Cutting Boards 2024 Review